Thursday, April 7, 2011

  

I really don't know what to start this 2nd entry off with. Right now its 2:14am, I'm at work, and a tad bit irritated. Not because the work is hard. Not because I don't want to be here. But because I feel as though my direct superior lacks backbone. *This is just an opinion* Every night, before we go to our individual buildings, we have a supervisor's meeting. In this meeting, we discuss the events of the night, absentee's, complaints from the earlier shift, and other misc. things.

I just started working at this job about 4 weeks ago. And my building has not gotten 1 single complaint since my 1st day on the job. *Pat myself on the back* But tonight, I got a work request to wipe some windows down. And on the work order it specified that the windows had not been cleaned since Dec. 2010. I wasn't working here then. My problem with that is, WHY DOSEN'T THE DAY SHIFT TAKE CARE OF IT?

Here is where my manager comes into play....anytime I ask him about the daily upkeep in my building during the day shift, he gets "mumble-mouthed" on me. Or he says, "well, that's how it is." Totally unacceptable. Light cleaning and upkeep is to be done during the day and Heavy detailed cleaning is to be done at night. When I ask my manager to talk to the Day manager about it, he acts scary as if he's going up against a fire breathing dragon. Like if he asks for something fair, he'll be treated unfairly. I was always taught to stand up for what's right. Even if I'm the only one standing.

I'll end with this, A man with no backbone isn't considered a man. To me....

No comments:

Post a Comment