Monday, April 25, 2011

28 is GREAT!

        

             Well, I'm finally the BIG 28! It was a long bumpy road to get here. And what's funny is that the bumps aren't even half way over. I can remember having a hard time with life when I was in my early 20's and thinking that the closer I got to 30, it would get easier. Well I know some 30 year olds that beg to differ. So knowing their plight and my own, I would be totally wrong to "Expect" things to just turn around and get better. But, I don't. I do on the other hand expect Myself to effect changes and MAKE things better.

          I had a pretty good birthday weekend. It was a "broke-ass" birthday but with the money I did have, I went and got meat to bbq, some good medicine, and went to my apartment complex's pool and the queen and I pitched up a party. I wasn't at a 5 star restaurant with servers clapping and singing happy birthday. Or at a club with a hand full of dollar bills. I was at home, bbq-ing with my woman chilling at the pool. On some realness, I wouldn't trade that for anything. It was REALLY fun.

          Due to my upbringing, I never got to celebrate my birthday until I was old enough to go out and hangout myself. And I always had these high expectations on how a birthday should be. Well, I was very wrong. I don't need to do anything extravagant. It was more fun sitting pool side and eating "E.Green's world class bbq" than being up in somebody's loud club looking at all the drunk folk. I feel like I rang my 28th year in with a loud sonic BANG. You should have seen the bossy look on my face the whole time we were out there. You would have thought I was on an island resort.


 I say all that to say this, be happy with you DO have and what you CAN do.



How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment