Saturday, April 9, 2011

Get Your People Skills Up!


         While I have some free moments I'll tell you about being a people person and the advantages of being that. I grew up Jehovah's Witness and being apart of that, I had to go from door to door and spread God's word. My Grandfather and I would sometimes stand outside of liquor stores and preach to the wino's, bums, crack heads, and anyone else going or coming. It was a really positive experience in my opinion. Taking part in that work made gave me the power of approaching people and starting conversations.  

At my earliest age, I had to have been 7 or 8 when I really started to come into my own with it. A lady was taking groceries from her car and she stopped and rubbed her back in pain. I went to her and said, "lady, I bet I know a way that your back will never hurt again..." That question sparked off a conversation that I had to let my granddad finish off. 

I feel that being a people person takes social wit and skill. You have to have been around ALL types of people to know how people think. To read body language to see the mood their in. I would say that you need a good vocabulary but if Lil Wayne can do an interview on Prime time with Katie Couric, and the next day someone says he speaks well, maybe not. Regardless of who or what, being a people person takes a good mouthpiece. 

I feel as though I have good talking skills. My father is a slick talker. Maybe that's where I get it from. I call 2 of the ladies in my building at work, my 2 wives and they just eat it up. I talk to them about their kids, interests, music, and anything else I hear them talk about. Those conversations go really far. They work HARD and don't complain. That's a Win on my part as far as I'm concerned. 

Even though these entries are my thoughts, I don't want to ramble on and on like my literal thoughts. So I'll wrap it up by saying this to whoever may pass through here, "Get Your People Skills Up!". #thatisall



i didnt know these guys. my people skills got me a picture with the burger king and g.i joe here.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment