Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Help has quit

                 In my few years of life, I have come to realize that I try and help too much. But MY help is defined as imposing my thoughts and opinions on the person I'm trying to help. And then, I get mad when they don't want to do it my way. I can see that as being one of my flaws. But how do I work on this behavior? Or how can I curb it?

         A few weeks ago, I was talking to a good friend of mine who is married. He and his wife have been married going on 8 years. They have 2 well-mannered kids, a nice home, and a dog. American Dream right? But there is a flip side to it. Their sex life totally sucks. So when he and I talk, all he really talks about is how his wife won't do this or do that. And how he wishes he could meet another, younger, freakier, (is "freakier" a word?) woman. So that conversation a few weeks ago was just like the last 10 we had.

        My friend flipped the script on me on this last conversation though. He told me that he had met a younger, freakier woman working at the Best Buy he frequents. And that he and she had been fucking for the last 4 months. (Since the last time we talked) Automatically, my "help" switch popped on and I started to talk some sense into him. He wasn't trying to hear a word of it either. So, I got really irritated.

       I had to come to the realization that you just can't tell some people shit. You can talk, counsel, talk, and plead with a person until you run out of breath. But at the end of it all, its their situation. And if somehow in their head they have rationalized it, no matter HOW wrong or stupid they may sound, you're better off leaving it alone and letting them do them. It may suck having to see a friend or loved one go down a bad path but it is what it is. Don't stress yourself over a hard headed person. Cause THEY are going to have to deal with the outcome......NOT YOU.

Have a greater day than yesterday! Catch you later.    

No comments:

Post a Comment