Thursday, April 21, 2011

And We're still waiting....

             Well, in 3 days I'll be 28 years old. Yes, E.Green the realist blogger alive is knocking on 30. But this is no mid life crisis or anxious event. I'm happy to see another year. After the last year I had, I should really go out and do some Rick James partying. But, I'm gonna find some good medicine, medicate myself, and plop right down in the bed. I had made plans to go to Dallas to see my cousin but when you plan things, there is always a monkey wrench. So, I'll have to postpone my lil getaway for a few weeks.

        I had a few words of wisdom for the week but I kinda forgot what I was going to say. I wanted to stir up some attitudes and feelings over the choke-hold that the present day gas prices have on the nation. I can't believe people aren't in the streets protesting and boycotting gas stations. But on the other hand, I think the age of the Rebel is far gone. Our society has gotten SO lazy that we get mad and rant and rave on Twitter and Facebook but don't open our mouths to say a word. So unless someone (more than one) gets fed up with paying 40$ at a time at a gas pump and only getting a half tank, there will be no change.

          I'm not promoting a national sit-in or protest. But I AM asking people to be more proactive and be realistic with what's going on in the country. I personally have a problem with paying 4.50 a gallon for gas. I even have a problem paying a dollar for air to put in my tires. There is a major greed problem in the country and US as poor and middle class people aren't getting our cut. And that's not right.

     I don't have the answers to the problems we face now and in the future, but I do know we need to get off our asses and demand change. Demand a fair life where everyone that tries receives something for their effort. I grew up being told that the Almighty God would soon step in and change the World for the better. Well, this would be a great time for that........

And We're still waiting.

      
"Take it from me, someday, we'll ALL be free"-Donny Hathaway.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment