Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lets talk music

              There are a lot of new artists trying to make a lane in music right now. I wanted to talk about a few. 1st off there's Freddie Gibbs from Gary, Indiana. This cat is nice. Like really. He grew up in the hood and you can tell from his raps that he ain't trying to go back unless its to visit. I'm talking about HUNGRY. His raps are filled with pain and experiences that only someone from a bad neighborhood can feel. He sounds southern but reps the Midwest HARD. I have his mixtape Str8 Killa No Filla. Its realer than the dirt on your shoes. If you want to check it out here's a torrent link....Freddie Gibbs Mixtape


          The next dude I want to speak on is Frank Ocean. Now, he's no Bobby Brown but he gets down. I'm really hard on R&B dudes because most of them today can't sing or they gay acting like they singing to women. But this dude Frank Ocean is official. Well, at least his music is. He puts you in the mind of Ryan Leslie with the way he sets up his songs but his writing sounds original to me. His production is flawless. I have an EP from and here's the link to get it yourself Frank Ocean Ep Nostalgia, Ultra


         Elzhi out of Detroit isn't new to me but a lot of people haven't heard about him so I'll put him in the new category. But anyway, He's the most slept-on rapper in the game right now. There are a lot of rappers in Detroit and out of all, he really captures the city. The Dope, The hoes, The hood, The Life. He recently reworked Nas's Illmatic and since that album is held in high regard as a Classic, its hard to rework something like that. But, he killed it. Every song is a good one. Here is a link to check it for yourself. Elzhi-Elmatic He also has another good mixtape called "The Leftovers" The Leftovers






Ok well, I'm at work getting paid to blog. Let me get up and get paid to supervise. 
Hope you like the Music. Feedback is cool too you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment